Friday, 13 April 2012

Squidlets!

As you may have deduced from my earlier posts on Takochu and Doppelgangers, I have a bit of soft spot for tiny cute things with beady eyes and baby tentacle legs. I've been crocheting (/signed my life away to the Way of the Hook) for slightly over a year now, and tackled my first ever actual amigurumi last month (which was cute, beady eyed, and had tentacles. Check!) He now lives with Gavin, keeping an eye on him for me. (And eight legs, as often as he can spare them.)

Having some some lovely Takochu-esque amigurumi for sale on etsy and elsewhere, I decided to try my hand at coming up with my own pattern, and here are the results: Squidlets! :)


Gav & I have this disgusting, cutesy-coupley thing where we tack '-let' onto the end of random words in conversation, usually to indicate smallness or cuteness, but mostly... just because. "Gavin, I can't find my shoe-lets!" "Oh nooo! But what will you put on your feet-lets?" Yeah, I know. We're gross. :P Anyway, that's where 'squidlet' comes from. I think it's cute! 




Squidlets enjoy the company of other Squidlets, and can be stacked, although their balance after three tiers to a Squidlet pile is a bit iffy...


Squidlets like to be kept somewhere with a good vantage point, so they can observe you doing your strange, human activities. Squidlets do not like to be juggled. 


Squidlets are sedate creatures, and mostly just like to sit around and count their baby tentacles. The number never changes, of course, which is what makes it such good, reliable fun.


I'm actually quite proud of them! Thinking about putting a few on my Etsy later, just to see if there are any bites. I love making them, and it would pretty ace if anyone wanted a Squidlet. (Even just as an excuse to make more!) They would love to travel! ;)

alice xox

edit: ohmygosh Squidlets all gone in 12 hours! You guys are too kind 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my cuteness!! They are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! <3 I love making them :)

      Delete
  2. Haha these are darling. I know what you mean. I have a HUGE soft spot for big eyed toys and animals. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are ADORABLE. Any chance we could get a quick little patternlet?

    ReplyDelete